support

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:54:19 UTC 2008

It's probably using the wrong driver,

Install the hplip tools and run the setup program. Compare the driver
that the hp tools assigns with the one that ubuntu automatically
assigns.

If hplip doesn't fix the problem, and it's own setup says everythign is
ok otherwise, then you might be dealing with some odd cups problem,
encoding into postscript twice or what have you; although I haven't seen
that kind of error for many years.

Failing all else, ask on the foomatic/gutenprint mailing list. Some good
experts with printers there.

Best Regards, Martin Owens