Deleting an alpha iso for the safety of users hardware

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Oct 6 17:14:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 01:06 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> From what I see, the announcements and warnings that
> were posted had the intended, and expected, effect.

If I may chime in. Next time there is a serious problem it would be a
good idea to also include the ubuntu-users list in the announcement. I
posted a link to your announcement there after I realized that you
hadn't cc'ed it. Several Intrepid users on the list then said they
hadn't heard about the issue before.

While it should be common practice to be at least subscribed to
devel-announce when running an alpha, it seems not everybody is.

Cheers
Mario