tablet-support in Ubuntu

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:22:54 UTC 2008

Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> By default, the evdev-driver handles all input devices that HAL is
> aware of and which list input.keys/input.mouse as a capability of the
> device. Evdev might not be the best choice for example touchpads or
> tablets, and that's why there needs to be a driver specific HAL fdi-file
> that makes the device use the correct driver. This is true for synaptics
> touchpads, wacom tablets and (some) joysticks (WIP).
If a device isn't handled properly by the evdev-driver, should start
filing bugs against xserver-xorg-input-evdev for not providing a driver
specific HAL fdi-file, or do these have to be filed against another
package (xorg?)?

> Someone needs to kick^H^H^H^Hask upstream  :)
If we want to forward the bugs upstream, do we do this on xorg (wherever
it might be), evdev or linuxwacom bug tracker?

Loïc