Intrepid amd64 Live CD beta testing

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Fri Oct 3 20:31:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 08:18:01PM +0200, Lo?c Martin wrote:
> > Btw, you can also report X bugs more easily now by running this command:
> >
> >   ubuntu-bug xorg
> >
> > This will automatically gather all the necessary troubleshooting files,
> > launch your web browser, and open the bug in launchpad.
> >
> > Bryce
> >

> Thanks (however I've just finished it :( ).
>
> Does it work in command line mode (since I can't use X on the Beta)?

There is an apport-cli tool which works similarly, but it still requires
firefox for placing the bug report itself, which of course requires an X
session.  Maybe pitti can give a better answer.

Of course, as long as you have a web connection, you could run X from a
different system (setting xhost/DISPLAY appropriately).

Bryce