Intrepid amd64 Live CD beta testing

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 3 15:47:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 02:41:34PM +0200, Loïc Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While previous Intrepid amd64 Live CD works perfectly, the Beta one
> released yesterday doesn't manage to configure properly X on my computer
> (Nvidia 7900GS 256Mo PCIe, Iiyama Prolite B2403WS through VGA port). The
> screen has vertical colored bars (green/gray/yellow) and going to the
> console, killing gdm, dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg blocks at the end
> (starting X from another console doesn't work :
> No screens found.
>
> I'd like top report in Launchpad, but I'm not sure what I should report
> it against. Also, is there any special tags (except of course
> regression-potential) for the Beta?

Bug reports regarding X can generally be filed against the 'xorg'
package, and if necessary they will be moved to the correct package by
the Ubuntu X team.  Additionally, you'll want to include your
'/etc/X11/xorg.conf' file and '/var/log/Xorg.0.log' from the Live CD.
You can find out more about debugging X at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Debugging.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com