The future of gnome-network-admin?

Alexander Sack asac at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 1 13:21:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 09:08:49AM -0400, Cory K. wrote:
> Ubuntu Studio does not ship it because it doesn't fit our use case along
> with causing xruns while recording audio. So we ship gnome-network-admin.
>
> I've heard a note about (I believe) some of the needed ifup/down stuff
> being taking out of hal and this would cause issue with sticking with
> gnome-network-admin. Sorry if I'm a little mixed on the terms here.
>
> In the end, is not shipping network-admin going to be an issue any time
> soon?

Sorry, but i think you mixed up some words :). Are you asking if
shipping gnome-network-admin instead of network-manager would cause
any issues?

I don't know about the state of gnome-network-admin, but shipping
without NetworkManager should work in general. If it's broken for you
please file bugs and let the right people know :).

 - Alexander