What are the release dates of Ubuntu 8.10.x

Francesco Fumanti francesco.fumanti at gmx.net
Sun Nov 30 20:25:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 16:36 +0100, Francesco Fumanti wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Scott Kitterman wrote:

>> I assumed that every Ubuntu release had stable version updates like
>> GNOME. Thanks for telling me that it is only the case for the LTS releases.
>
> GNOME doesn't get updated in stable releases.

This is misunderstanding: I meant that upstream GNOME has stable release
updates.
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyfive
The next update of the stable release (2.24.3) is due for January the 12th.

> Bugs are fixed, and security issues are fixed.
> If it seems necessary to update the version
> on a package to accomplish those goals, then on a per-package basis,
> this is decided based on the Stable Release Update policy, found at
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

Obviously, your are talking of the specific version of GNOME shipping
with a determined Ubuntu version.

Thanks nevertheless, especially for your comment pointing to the SRU page.

Cheers

Francesco