gconf-schemas --unregister bug?

Francesco Fumanti francesco.fumanti at gmx.net
Tue Nov 25 20:10:39 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a file called mytesting.schemas with the following content:

<gconfschemafile>
   <schemalist>
     <schema>
       <key>/schemas/apps/my_app/my_key</key>
       <applyto>/apps/my_app/my_key</applyto>
       <owner>my_app</owner>
       <type>int</type>
       <default>42</default>
       <locale name="C">
         <short>A short description of this key</short>
         <long>A longer description here. We can have lots of text
    	    here, describing what the possible values are, and what
             they mean.
         </long>
       </locale>
     </schema>

     <schema>
       <key>/schemas/apps/my_app/my_other_key</key>
       <applyto>/apps/my_app/my_other_key</applyto>
       <owner>my_app</owner>
       <type>bool</type>
       <default>1</default>
       <locale name="C">
         <short>A short description of this key</short>
         <long>A longer description here. We can have lots of text
	  here, describing what the possible values are, and what
           they mean.
         </long>
       </locale>
     </schema>
   </schemalist>
</gconfschemafile>

The following command in the terminal registers the schemas in the gconf
database:
sudo gconf-schemas --register /path/to/mytesting.schemas

The following command in the terminal only partially removes the keys
from the gconf database:
sudo gconf-schemas --unregister /path/to/mytesting.schemas

In fact, /schemas/apps/my_app and /apps/my_app remain listed in the
gconf database.

Is this a bug of the gconf-schemas --unregister command or is there an
error with the file mytesting.schemas?

Moreover, if I give the "sudo gconf-schemas --register-all" command
after the unregister command, /schemas/apps/my_app and /apps/my_app also
disappear from the gconf database.

Could anybody please tell me what to do?

Many thanks in advance.

Francesco