Are file permissions in files on external devices silly?

Andrew Sayers andrew-ubuntu-devel at pileofstuff.org
Sat Nov 22 14:05:39 UTC 2008

tchomby wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 09:43:16PM +0000, Sam Tygier wrote:
>> The mac os solution is to have a 'enforce permissions on this device' option
>> (in the info/properties of the device). maybe this could be implemented in a
>> similar way to the .is_audio_player file [0].
>
> A checkbox in the properties dialog of the drive. Maybe unchecked by default.
> Sounds like a good solution to me.

Can I suggest that you have a go at implementing this with scripts on
your machine, then write up a blueprint for how to include it?  It
sounds like it shouldn't be too hard with bindfs doing the gruntwork,
and you're more likely to get a positive response if all you're asking
is "please put buttons in these locations that perform these actions".

	- Andrew