Apport in stable releases [was: Re: Do you really want developers to be on this list]

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 14 11:36:15 UTC 2008

Scott Kitterman [2008-11-14  5:46 -0500]:
> I do think if there's a reasonable way to report all crashes from
> -proposed, that would be a good thing.

I agree. With a bit of apt-cache policy magic we can detect this on
the client side.

Problem is that in order to do that, we need to catch the initial
crash first and write it to disk, i. e. we would get the CPU/IO
overhead again by default. That alone doesn't worry me too much, but
it might be an issue in certain environments.

Martin