rename system-cleaner-gtk to cruft-remover-gtk

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Mon Nov 3 11:49:03 UTC 2008

Am 03.11.2008 um 11:48 schrieb James Westby:

> there is no way to tell the difference between obsolete packages
> and locally installed ones.

Doesn't apt-get suggest to "auto-remove" packages from time to time?
Obviously, the packaging mechanism keeps track of which packages were
installed by user command and which ones solely as a dependency.

To add my own $ o.o2, I'd very much like to see a tool or Synaptic
feature which tells me about the differences between a standard
install and the current set of installed packages. One can purge
package by package until {Synaptic, apt-get,...} wants to remove the
ubuntu-desktop meta-package, but this is tedious, very tedious.
Perhaps this exists already, but I didn't notice yet.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/