[ubuntu-marketing] Making Canonical's/Ubuntu's contributions more visible

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed May 28 00:30:38 UTC 2008

On 27/05/08 18:11, John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> To my mind the biggest contribution downstream projects make is saving
> developers time. My experience suggests that it if you are a developer
> and you want to spend less time fighting your distro and more time
> doing actual productive coding, then Ubuntu is one of the better
> choices.

+1

As an IT consultant I've been able to contribute more to Ubuntu than any
distribution or project before. I can submit bugs, create patches,
provide user help and participate with a very low entry point. I can
become a member of a team

Over the years I've contributed to other projects, but never felt that
it was noticed - I'm not talking about a thank-you, just that when you
made a contribution, it was picked up, looked at, critiqued and used
where appropriate. Ubuntu does this better than any other group of
people I know.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..