Strip incompatible characters from Windows partitions!

Evan eapache at gmail.com
Fri May 16 01:05:47 UTC 2008

A quick google and search of launchpad reveals no similar reports.

I don't know where the filename check is supposed to happen, but it isn't
happening anywhere. I've tried via the cli, and via nautilus, and neither of
them prevent me from using Windows-illegal characters.

Which package handles the check when you try and use a / on an ext3
partition?