evtouch driver in Hardy

rupa rupa at lrrr.us
Sun Mar 23 16:04:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

I hope this is a good place to send this, if not, please forgive me.

The xserver-xorg-input-evtouch driver appears to be broken in Hardy.
I'm not sure though - perhaps it is merely my failure to know how to
configure X11. I didn't find any open bugs about it, but I did find
some discussion on #ubuntu-mobile irc logs about it perhaps needing
updates for changes in the X11 API
(http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/02/07/%23ubuntu-mobile.txt). There is
also a patch linked on that page that I do not have the wherewithal to
know how to apply.

I'm just hoping that this is a known issue and will eventually be
fixed up, but I imagine that there are not a lot of evtouch users and
maybe it hasn't really been noticed yet. I'd be happy to open a bug if
someone can tell me it's not a dupe or already known, otherwise any
suggestions or pointers to alternatives would be welcome. (I am using
a lifebook b2620).

Thanks,
Rupa Deadwyler