Who wants to share their PPAs?

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Mar 21 22:03:31 UTC 2008

Quoting "(``-_-??) -- Fernando" <ubuntu at bugabundo.net>:

> On Thursday 20 March 2008 22:06:49 (``-_-??) -- Fernando wrote:
>> On Wednesday 19 March 2008 19:52:25 Ted Gould wrote:
>> >
>> > Please, come join my PPA:
>> >     http://launchpad.net/~botnet-project/+archive
>> > Seriously though, it should be noted that you should only add
>> PPAs from people you seriously trust.
>
> [naive]
> Ok, I felt like a duck... I really went looking for the PPA, before
> I realized you were pulling my leg...
> Your are a bad boy, Ted...
> [/naive]

My PPA was not intended to be useful to anybody but me. I don't know
other people but I upload packages to my PPA just to have them
available in all the systems I use/administer. PPA is ubiquitous.
Maybe other people maintain PPAs for the same reason.

However, I know quite some people are using my repository, mainly for
the fixed 'parted' package (bug 107326), Zumastor and Wt (witty).

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org