Bug and discussion about ubuntu menu

Ouattara Oumar Aziz (alias wattazoum) wattazoum at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:17:40 UTC 2008

Milan Bouchet-Valat a écrit :
> Ouattara Oumar Aziz (alias wattazoum) a écrit :
>> I like the proposal. Moving from
>>
>> System
>> | -> Preferences
>> ` -> Administration

>> Configuration
>> | -> Your Preferences
>> ` -> System Administration
>>
>> Is every one okay with this one ?
>> To me it's seems clearer: *Configuration* is more generic and correct
>> regarding the sub menu items than *System* ( which seems more linked to
>> the system Administration than to the User Desktop configuration ).
>>
> You forget one detail: System is not only for configuration, else this
> menu would not exist. It has definitely been carefully chosen.

Oups, you got me :-p ( I completely forgot the others items under this
menu )
*Configuration* is not good and *System* seems to fit better to this entry.

Maybe there is no easy solution to this problem than refactoring the
whole menu :-/ ( rethinking the whole menu layout )

Anyway, do we validate "Preferences" to "Your Preferences" ?