Compiling subversion 1.5.0

Jason Crain jason at bluetree.ath.cx
Fri Jun 27 23:23:37 UTC 2008

It first compiles the .java files using javac, then creates header files
using javah.  It skips several header files, including
org_tigris_subversion_javahl_ConflictDescriptor_Action.h, probably
because it is an inner class of ConflictDescriptor.  The $ used to mark
inner classes may be confusing it?

You can create the files manually using javah:
    javah -d subversion/bindings/javahl/include -classpath \
    subversion/bindings/javahl/classes \
    'org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ConflictDescriptor$Action'

And then rename it to what it expects:
    mv
subversion/bindings/javahl/include/org_tigris_subversion_javahl_ConflictDescriptor\$Action.h
subversion/bindings/javahl/include/org_tigris_subversion_javahl_ConflictDescriptor_Action.h

But there are about 20 files that it will complain about, so you may
want to script it.

I'm not sure how to modify the makefile to work properly.