Dealing with codecs, was: Making deals with Microsoft

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 03:37:53 UTC 2008

> It sucks, but that's software patents for you.

It's sucks? no eating a bad piece of pie and farting too much sucks.
Having your laws slapped in your face by greedy bastards that's an
insult several levels above sucks my friend.

I don't believe in these so called licenses, they didn't make the
software nor did most of them 'invent' the formats they claim to
'own'; Legal remedies as well as technical ones need to be
forthcoming.