Banshee by default in Intrepid

Scott James Remnant scott at canonical.com
Mon Jun 9 19:38:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 14:43 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:

> There are a couple of positives to using Banshee by default over Rhythmbox:
> 1) Complete iPod support (Rythmbox only supports reading from iPods)
> 2) Large support for reading and writing from various media players.
> 3) Integration with Brasero for burning audio disks
> 4) Can rip audio from CD's
> 5) Built-in support for last.fm

All of these things are also supported by Rhythmbox.

At UDS, we actually looked hard at the experience of Music players and
playing - and both Banshee and Rhythmbox fared very badly, and we were
quite rude about both of them ;)

The Banshee authors got a list via Jorge Castro, and Rhythmbox authors
will be getting lots of bugs filed for them.

Banshee needs to be demonstrably _better_ than Rhythmbox, right now it's
only merely different.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant