Banshee by default in Intrepid

macoafi at gmail.com macoafi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 02:37:16 UTC 2008

On 6/8/08, Darren Albers <dalbers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Evan Dandrea <evand at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 14:43 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
>>> There are a couple of positives to using Banshee by default over
>>> Rhythmbox:
>>> 1) Complete iPod support (Rythmbox only supports reading from iPods)
>>
>> No.  Rhythmbox can write to iPods just fine.
>>
>> --
>>

> I have never been able to get Rythmbox to update my iPod nor my wifes.
>   The Rhythmbox webpage only says it can read from iPods and other
> portable devices nothing about writing.

They really need to update that website.  While my brother uses Amarok
for his iPod, my sister hasn't had any trouble with Rhythmbox except
for that time Apple switched the db's format, requiring a backported
lib from Hardy to Gutsy.  I need to do a dist-upgrade on her computer.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169