Banshee by default in Intrepid

Chandru chandru.in at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 19:08:51 UTC 2008

No Banshee by default please.  Apart from Mono dependencies, its memory
consumption is much higher than Rhythmbox and Audio players are always run
in the background when the user is actually doing some other work on the
system.  Wasting RAM on media player is not a good idea.

Apart from that, RB is a great player in itself.  Only thing which is
missing from it is an equalizer by default.  But last time I checked banshee
did not have one too.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Evan <eapache at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 5) Built-in support for last.fm
>

> There is a rhythmbox plugin for this included in the default Hardy install.
> If rhythmbox is kept, perhaps there should be a look at enabling it by
> default.
>
> Evan

Chandra Sekar.S