Customized CD

Alexandre Conrad aconrad.tlv at magic.fr
Sun Jun 8 17:39:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm on the correct list here.

I'm trying to setup a customized CD for future installations on a large
number of computers. During the installation, I'll have no network, so I
can only depend on CD.

Basicly, I:
- copied the original Xubuntu CD on disk
- added a preseed file under /preseed/myseed.seed
- created an /extra/ folder where I have wrote a "late_command.sh"
script that's ran from the pressed/late_command statement.
- hold a few .deb packages downloaded from ubuntu mirrors as they are
not available on the original CD.
- tweaked /isolinux/isolinux.cfg to boot on my customized preseed file.

Other than that, I haven't changed the CD's original structure. From
which I generate and burn an ISO file.

I'd like to know which tool I should use in my .sh script to install
extra debs I have downloaded. I used "udpkg -i mydeb.deb", but its being
installed in the CD's environement and not under /target/, which is
where the OS is installed.

I have tried putting the downloaded extra debs under the CD's /pool/
structure, but it's really a pain having to rebuild "Packages" files,
create a gpg key, like if it was a whole new distro. I failed doing this
  multiple times and I'm running out of time trying to figure out how to
make it right.

So any help would be appreciated. If I'm on the wrong list, please be
kind to point to the right one. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD