making deals with M$

Mark Fink mpfink at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 01:53:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 07 June 2008 21:18:09 Mark Fink wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Richard A. Johnson
>>
>> <nixternal at kubuntu.org> wrote:
>> > On Saturday 07 June 2008, Mark Fink wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Anybody in their uneducated right mind probably. I run openSUSE and run
>> > it happily I might add. Lets take a breath here and step back from the
>> > FUD button on your keyboard.
>>
>> Spoken like a true Microvell shill.
>
> Right, because ad hominen attacks are the best way to hold a productive
> discussion.
>
> In case you don't know, Richard Johnson is a volunteer Kubuntu developer.  He
> is an active MOTU.  He is on both the Kubuntu and MOTU councils (these are
> community run entities that help the greater Ubuntu community get stuff
> done).  He leads the entire Kubuntu documentation effort.  He's currently up
> for core-dev.
>
> We kid him about using Vista on IRC, but he devotes countless hours to free
> software development.
>
> Who the heck are you and what have you done for FOSS lately except engage in
> random ad hominem attacks on people who are busy actually getting work done?

just because I'm not a programmer doesn't mean my opinion isn't worth
as much or more than yours (I'm clearly better informed about these
issues having read boycottnovell and having discussed issues with Roy
himself).

As far as Richard Johnson being a core-dev, sounds pretty scary that
you let someone so in love with Microvell to contaminate Ubuntu.