xserver-xorg-core intrepid 2:1.4.99.905-0ubuntu4 missing librecord.so (Record module)

Chris indy271828 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 31 17:24:00 UTC 2008

Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, Chris wrote:
>
>> Hello,  during the package build of xserver-xorg-core it does not
>> --enable-record=yes.   I think it should, right?  The default
>> disables it.
>
> True, xorg-server 1.5 does not build it by default. Where do you need it?

Hi,
I'm a developer and require it for my own software.   I went into the
package and enabled it & rebuilt for the time being.

Isn't there some software in Ubuntu that requires it?
Xwindow application automated testing?
Video recording of the desktop?  (I think this one just grabs the cursor)
Debugging an app?

I guess they disable it for security purposes.

Chris