Pulseaudio/Jack in Ubuntu Hardy

samk at twinix.com samk at twinix.com
Tue Jul 22 12:41:48 UTC 2008

See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=34200 Posted on behalf of a User

> In Ubuntu Studio we have a wrapper script around jackd to stop Pulse for
> JACK and restart it once done. This is what most users have wanted based
> on feedback.

Where do I find this wrapper script?  I use ubuntu studio hardy on amd64, and am just starting to play with jack, ardour, hydrogen, and the constellation of stuff out there.  so far it seems that i have to kill pulseaudio from the command line (ps thru grep to find then kill via pid); start ardour, jack, et al, and when done I seem to have to LOG OUT and BACK IN to get pulse audio back.  Yech.  Not to mention the whole log on/off processes take way too long to begin with.  This script sounds like a headache saver; how do I get it and use it?

Thanks in advance,

Tim