pm-utils vs acpi-support

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 14 13:17:09 UTC 2008

hi,
Am Montag, den 14.07.2008, 01:26 +0200 schrieb Przemysław Kulczycki:
> What's the status of pm-utils in Ubuntu? As far as I can see in Ubuntu
> Hardy, pm-utils is installed but it's not used by default because
> acpi-support is still present. When will we drop acpi-support in favour
> of pm-utils?
acpi-support was only shipped to not break existing custom userscripts
iirc and will actually largerly be ignored, all system default power
management stuff uses pm-utils (look in /etc/pm/ and /usr/lib/pm-utils/
for scripts, overrides etc)... if you want to apply changes, do it
there, acpi-scripts are likely to vanish completely in intrepid.

ciao
	oli