LTS and release methodology

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Thu Jul 10 08:15:19 UTC 2008

2008/7/9 Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek at lichota.net> wrote:
>> It is a lot of effort, but if we want to compete with Windows, which
>> makes it possible (and easy), it should be done.
>
> Er, not really.  You can't have FF2 and FF3 or IE6 and IE7 both
> installed on Windows, or if it is somehow possible, it's certainly not
> easy.

Maybe, it has been really long time since I last used Windows. But I
remember it was possible for some applications.

This is secondary point, though. The main point is that it is possible
(and easy) to install Firefox 3 on Windows XP (released 2001), while
try to install Firefox 3 on Dapper (released 2006).

--

	Krzysztof Lichota