[Lf_desktop] LSB Package API

Denis Washington dwashington at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 17:41:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 15:14 +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> My general feeling, having spoken to lots of ISVs, is that they don't
> actually _want_ this.
>
> In order to support their customers, they're well aware that they have
> to target particular distributions and versions - and they're quite
> happy working and certifying particular vendors individually.

I'm not in the position of having the chance to speak with ISVs myself
unfortunately. I only relied on what seemed to have been communicated on
the LSB face-to-face meeting. It might be good if we had more
application vendors (and also open-source project maintainers) speaking
up on this issue in the general or the particular proposal.

Regards,
Denis