No "run" menu item?

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 20:03:39 UTC 2008

IMHO, Run Command dialog should be available from Applications menu
from main panel, period. It was confusing when it was removed (I had
to search for shortcut) and I would prefer it back (and I am GNOME
user for 7 years, haven't touched Windows for very long time). Also,
this dialog could benefit from interesting feature. For now, Ubuntu
has suggestions when user launches app which haven't been installed
yet. What about such suggestions in Run Application? Would be cool.

So, I am +1 for integrating Run Command back in Applications menu and
have some suggestions magic there too.

Just my two cents,
Peter.

2008/7/5 Alexander Jones <alex at weej.com>:
> No, but I can tell you first hand that it's extremely annoying to have
> to either make the three fingered acrobatics of Fn+Alt+F2 on a laptop
> keyboard, or dig out a Terminal to run a simple command.

mortigi tempo
Pēteris Krišjānis