USB drives and unmounting

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:31:53 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 12:53 PM, Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nobody know?
>
> This is still pretty annoying not knowing when can you really take out the
> USB, forcing you to wait "just to be safe".

When you unmount the drive, it's safe to remove when the icon
disappears from your desktop.  If you are using the command line, it's
safe to remove when it no longer appears to be mounted.

--
Chris

"In 39 years, I have never written these words in a movie review, but
here they are: You owe it to yourself to see this film. If you do not,
and you have grandchildren, you should explain to them why you decided
not to." -- Roger Ebert, reviewing Al Gore's documentary, An
Inconvenient Truth