libapache-asp-perl (LP #145741)

Dan Sheridan djs at adelard.com
Mon Jan 28 15:02:25 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Apache::ASP is a perl implementation of Active Server Pages. The package
libapache-asp-perl was removed from Gutsy with the comment "Package is
Apache 1.x specific which no longer resides in the archive". However, it
is installable and works correctly on Gutsy with Apache 2.2, and we are
using it production here. It has no build-dependencies other than
debhelper and perl.

I'd like to see this package re-added to Hardy. What is the best
approach? Should I prepare an updated package with trimmed dependencies
and upload to REVU? Should it be renamed libapache2-asp-perl?

        Dan.