Open Movie Editor vs. Kdenlive.

Jonathan Musther jmusther at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:22:20 UTC 2008

KDEnlive is great, but it has two problems (for us).  Firstly, it's a KDE
app, and so doesn't integrate as well as it could into Gnome (having said
that, neither does Open Movie Editor).  Secondly, it tends to crash quite a
lot at the moment.  Despite those drawbacks, it is the best armature video
editor we have IMHO.

Open Movie Editor just isn't as good.

And PiTiVi...  well I've never been able to use it for anything, it crashes
a lot too, but even when it's not crashing, it's not being any use, again,
that's just MHO.

On Jan 22, 2008 7:52 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Ok. We need a serious technical look at these two to replace PiTiVi in
> Ubuntu Studio-Hardy.
>
> Open Movie Editor - http://openmovieeditor.sourceforge.net
>
> KDEnlive - http://www.kdenlive.org
>
> I'd also like to reference -
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/consortium/2008-January/001842.html
> as having some good points. ie: OME has JACK support.
>
> -Cory \m/

Slingshot - a unique game everyone enjoys  - and it's free :-)
http://www.slingshot-game.org