gThumb

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Wed Jan 16 23:58:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 17:17 -0500, Evan wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 4:36 PM, George Farris <farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca> wrote:
>
>         F-Spot in Gutsy with a default install will NOT display my
>         photos, on my
>         Acer Aspire Laptop however Gthumb will.
>
> How do you mean? Does it not support the file format, or is this a bug
> that should be reported?
>
> I second the DVD slideshow plugin. It's very useful.

It must be a bug because it works on every other machine I have tried.
I even did a fresh install.  It must be something with X and the video
driver.  Yes it should be reported.

Gthumb also has printing goodies that F-Spot doesn't handle.  For
example select 2 photos and print in Gthumb, the result, great layout
tools.  Do the same in F-Spot, crap.  Fix F-Spot printing first I'd say.