Proposal: cdrkit vs. cdrtools

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Mon Jan 14 16:23:11 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mo, 2008-01-14 at 15:18 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:51:12AM -0500, Forest Bond wrote:
>
> > Didn't we just move back to cdrtools from cdrkit?  Weren't these issues
> > resolved, or something?

> That's from 2005.
>
> > Debian seems to be happy.  Let's leave it be, hmm?
>
> No - cdrtools still links GPLed code into a CDDLed binary. It's
> undistributable in its current form.

So, regarding the removal of cdrtools form the archive, should we change
cdrkit binary packages to Provide: the old cdrtools binary package
names, and adding symlinks for the new binary tools to the old cdrtools
names, like gentoo is doing so?

This would be the easiest solution for now.

Regards,
\sh

--
SysAdmin, OSS Developer