tracking down suspend/hibernate bugs?

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:57:13 UTC 2008

Matthew Garrett said the following on 01/14/2008 10:23 AM:
>> watching over it at all?  if so, please let me know what i can do to
>> help with debugging and stuff.
>
> Yes, I'm looking after it.

I also would like to see suspend and hibernate finally work, so I
upgraded to hardy to try it too.

I'm a kde user, so may have some different issues.  For example, I can
do "sudo pm-suspend" at the terminal and it works, but kde-power-manager
does nothing when I select suspend from it's menu.

Also, I notice some problem that may be related to artsd failing after
2nd and higher suspends, so I added a script to /etc/pm/sleep.d/ to stop
and restart all sound programs and it seems to fix it, although I need
more testing.  But, I'm not a coder, so someone who is might fix it in
artsd.

Are you the contact for these kubuntu  issues as well as the ubuntu lead?

Is it too early to start feedback on this stuff now, or should we
continue? Do you want us to feedback on this list or start bugs?

regards,

Paul