Package: hsqldb-server; Version: 1.8.0.8-1ubuntu1; Description: Java SQL database server

T. Friske t.friske at gmx.biz
Sat Jan 12 18:21:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

i found an error in the init script /etc/init.d/hsqldb-server. You find the changes I made attached as a patch file.

The command "/etc/init.d/hsqldb-server status" reports that the HSQL server is not running altough the process id in
"/var/run/hsqldb/server.pid" is active. This happened due to the missing parameter "$type" in "is_running". It should be
"is_running $type".

The second problem I discovered comes up when you say "/etc/init.d/hsqldb-server stop". With a urlid of just
"jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost" I get a java.lang.RuntimeException saying that the database alias could not be found.
Altough the command still closes all databases down, I made a slight modification to the function "run_shutdown". (See
patch file)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tim Friske