Kerberos? Does anyone have this running?

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Wed Jan 9 15:59:40 UTC 2008

I am trying to build a single signon environment as an Ubuntu demo.

I tried to follow the help.ubuntu.com website to insure I did it the
"proper" or "documented" way.  There are numerous threads of people
asking for help in the forums.  In addition, there are 15 bugs filed in
Launchpad.  Many of these are going back to 7.04.

Is there something going on with Kerberos as to why there is no help, or
bug fixes?  Is this package going the way of the Woolly Mammoth?  Or is
it just not getting enough TLC?  Or, is something else going on?

For the record, I tripped upon the problem documented in the forums, and
launchpad bug reports, where upon install it does not properly run its
full configuration.  It never asks me for realm or anything.  Once
blowing off its config, it then fails to start (yeah I know, go figure).
But manually setting up the configuration does not work either.  The
package keeps coming up with the error: "kadmind: Improper format of
Kerberos configuration file while initializing context, aborting".  As
suggested, my dnsdomainname returns correctly, and I have manually
configured the files in accordance with the documentation.  No errors
are thrown in the syslog.

Thx

--
Kevin Fries