A Look at the Ubuntu Installer

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue Jan 8 15:17:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 16:45 -0500, Vadim Peretokin wrote:
> That's a very nice pdf. One minor thing:

Thanks!

Also thanks for all the other supportive comments :)

> User Switching
> The User Switcher applet shouldn't appear with only one user.
>
> I think it should, to let the use familiarize themselves. It'll be a
> bit disorienting (like where did that come from?) if the applet
> suddenly appeared after the installation.

There's no real getting to know the user switcher with only one account.
I think it should only ever appear if and as soon as there is more than
one account. In all other cases it's just noise.

Not central at all, though ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: