Bdd EvolutionLocal in OpenOffice limited

Jovial o.jovial at free.fr
Tue Jan 8 15:01:16 UTC 2008

Hello

I'm tryng to use data from evolution.contact with openoffice 2.2/2.3 in
ubuntu 7.04/7.10
openoffice.org-evolution give the source EvolutionLocal in OOo with
/home/user/.openoffice.org2/user/database/evolocal.odb

In base or base explorer(F4) I can acces to data from my adress book
"personal"
But I meet some limitations:
• It is impossible to sort data by columns, the buton sort ascending of
toolbar data base is inactive.(gray)
• It is impossible to apply a filter
• The result of querry SQL = SELECT "file_as" FROM "Personal" AS
"Personal" ORDER BY "file_as" ASC is not ordered
• SELECT "file_as" FROM "Personal" AS "Personal" WHERE ( ( "org" IS NOT
NULL ) ) give no result
All these limitations prevents to use all the possibilitties given by
OOo . It a pity because a sorted addresbook fully operationnal in OOo
will be beneficial to Ubuntu.

• Do you consider this as a limitation or a bug ?
• Did you know any solution ?
• Can we expect evolutions in the futur ?

Bye

Jean-Luc