Proposal: include Brasero by default

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Mon Jan 7 14:34:43 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 2:41 AM, Bryan Haskins <kingofallhearts999 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 8:04 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sounds like I need to try this program (when my optical drive stops
> playing dead).  How does it compare to GnomeBaker?

> Very similar, but a VERY clean interface. And very straitforward. I mean
> when it comes down to it, they all do the same thing, so it's all about
> preference. But brasero sticks with the keep-it-simple philosophy we like to
> show on the live CD, and entry environment.

I noted this program with interest as I had not found anything that
beat k3b for quite some time.
It's rather limited as it follows symlinks (not optional), doesn't
include hidden files by default and has limited file filtering
functionality, three strikes make it unusable for archiving and backup
purposes.

Props for being simple, though.

-K