Strawman: Change the Ubuntu Release Cycle

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:05:33 UTC 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 6:12 PM, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando <ubuntu at bugabundo.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 January 2008 19:12:20 Jonas Jørgensen wrote:
> > displayconfig-gtk. It hasn't worked on any of the three computers I
> > have tried it on -- it either crashes or X refuses to start after
> > using it. And my experience doesn't seem to be uncommon.
>
> displayconfig-gtk always worked great for me on Gutsy using an Intel 855.
> On Hardy it wont work, maybe due to the new X 7.3.

I actually think that's the chip where it wouldn't let me go over 800x600.
Are you using an LCD or CRT?  Maybe it was freaking out thinking my monitor
couldn't do high-res (though I've used 915resolution to boost it to
1600x1200 before, so I know it can do my 1280x1024 easily enough).

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169