acpi-support patches for Ubuntu hardy that need your attention

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 17:28:18 UTC 2008

These hotkeys are not kernel bugs. The kernel sends the acpi events
for these keys. We have these fixes and they are tested. We just need
them to go into Ubuntu.

As fro the pm-utils part..this may be for the suspend patches. But
nobody is looking at a single bug or fix for acpi-support. Took users
to round up patches and try to get them into hardy.

What shocks me is how NOBODY is looking at a sinlge acpi-support bug.
While this bug has been marked as a Hardy Alpha-6 milestone .. we
cannot get one person to sponsor it as there appears to be NOBODY who
is maintaing acpi-support anymore. There are still a lot more fixes
even after these for different platforms .. the Asus EEPC stuff sits
outside of Ubuntu (I recently noticed it on the new brainstorm site)
... because of stuff like this. They have scripts for acpi-support ..
but nobody wants to go through the hell to try to get them included.

What has to be done to get this set of scripts included.