Strange Firefox problem

Christian Csar cacsar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:39:49 UTC 2008

So far the only problem with Firefox 3 in hardy, is that it seems to
have substantial problems visiting Google, but not other websites I have
noticed. This also only happens if I go by URL rather than IP address
from ping. What is also strange is that it is intermittent within
firefox. Google quite simply is not loading after more than 5 minutes,
but going to the 64.233.169.104 gets there nearly instantaneously.
Konqueror gets to google nearly instantaneously.

I imagine that if this problem affected others that they would have
filed some sort of bug report by now, so it may be specific to me.

My only guess is that Firefox has a google ip hard coded somewhere,
which does not make too much sense.
about:config searching for google does not turn up anything that seems
too strange.
Christian