[hardy] How Do You Get Back to Firefox 2?

Kenneth Loafman kenneth at loafman.com
Thu Feb 21 18:29:04 UTC 2008

I made the mistake of upgrading to Firefox 3 Beta on Hardy.  It has many
many problems, but the main one is that you can't launch a URL from
Thunderbird, or elsewhere.  You have to copy&paste the URL into the
browser windows.  [ Are AOL folks having their revenge?  ;-) ]

Long story short, its too time consuming to 'test' this until this
particular *critical* bug is fixed, so I want to regress Firefox back to
version 2 so I have my clickable URLs that work.

I think that including the Gutsy repository may be the way, but I'm afraid
it will break something else in the process.  Has anyone done this?  If
so, could you document how?

Or is there a Firefox 2 package in Hardy that I'm just not seeing?

...Thanks,
...Ken