"Make sense" keymap to launch gnome-system-monitor?

Lars Wirzenius lars at canonical.com
Thu Feb 7 07:38:26 UTC 2008

On ke, 2008-02-06 at 15:49 -0500, Evan wrote:
> I'm sure this debate has gone on before, but I'm in favour of stopping
> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace from killing X because new users can press this by
> accident. That combo would work if it was freed from its present duty.

Er, would that not be a colossally bad idea, for people who want to
launch gnome-system-monitor on a system that is configured in the usual
way, and end up killing X instead? Using such a keystroke for something
completely different between systems is going to be somewhat annoying to
a number of people, I predict.