Transmission as default bittorrent client

Bryan Quigley gquigs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:44:51 UTC 2008

My initial reaction was similar.  However, in transmissions favor
*Memory usage* (quick test)
Deluge at 23 Mb
Transmission at 7 Mb

The interface also seems more transitional from the previous integrated
client.  I think one of the big factors is that deluge has a wizard to get
you setup while transmission just works.

You also can't argue with file size:
Transmission: About 1 Mb
Deluge: About 13 Mb

Don't get me wrong I think Deluge is a better (more powerful, more
extendable) bittorrent client, and most likely better tested as well.
However, transmission is going to be easier for first time torrent users,
and that's what I think matters for the default Ubuntu CD.
-Bryan