use -dbg or -dbgsym files for debugging?

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:18:06 UTC 2008

Hi all,
     I don't know should one be using -dbg or -dbgsym files for
debugging. For there are some files which don't have -dbg files & some
which don't have -dbgsym files. So it becomes confusing for end users
like me to know which to use. Long time back somebody advised me that
its better to be with -dbgsym files & hence been using that one. Now I
needed to debug something which needs gnome-dbgsym file & there is no
gnome-dbgsym ( I'm on Hardy Heron) . Please CC me the replies so I'm
in the loop.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17