You lost a new Ubuntu user

Tim Hawkins tim.hawkins at mac.com
Sun Dec 28 10:04:39 UTC 2008

Fedora 10 provides a USB disk image, which can just be DD'd onto a
blank key.

With the rapid  rise in the numbers of compact netbooks with no
optical media readers included, perhaps this makes more sense, most
machines now will boot from a usb key.

while there are tools like unetbootin that can create an image from an
iso, they are a pain to use.