You lost a new Ubuntu user

Manish Sinha manishsinha.tech at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 07:30:17 UTC 2008

Remco wrote:
> Come to think of it, what happens with the current installer if a user
> chooses such a language without an internet connection? Will it just
> hang? Will it install software without a language?

Yesterday I installed Intrepid on my desktop. I plugged out all network
cables before installing and was hoping to get an error box or a hanged
screen at 82%. Guess what happened? The installer just skipped the step
and didn't stop at 82%. I felt really happy with this attitude. Maybe it
probed the interfaces and found no active internet connection.

--
Manish Sinha

Personal Blog: http://www.manishsinha.info
Tech Blog: http://manishtech.wordpress.com