You lost a new Ubuntu user

Manish Sinha manishsinha.tech at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 08:07:26 UTC 2008

Milosz Derezynski wrote:

> No one said something about disabling it by default, it's merely about
> bringing it
> to the user's attention that it will happen, and, since it's useful in
> some cases (because
> of internet traffic limitations), and prudent in others (because
> people are wary of installers
> doing any kind of connection attempt), also give the option to disable it.

+1
I agree completely.

> I think it became more than clear in the course
> of this thread that the majority of people are *FOR* such a change.
It should be conveyed to the ubiquity developers gracefully. They have
really done a great job and Ubuntu's installer is the best of all distros.
I have no qualms if they take their time to implement it, no matter if
it doesn't come up in Jaunty. But it should be surely given a
consideration after Jaunty.

--
Manish Sinha

Personal Blog: http://www.manishsinha.info